CLSC – Naskapi
As part of the relaunch of the Plan Nord development program, EBC was mandated by the Société québécoise des infrastructures to build the new local community service centre in Kawawachikamach located on the North Shore of Quebec at the Labrador border. The project involves the construction of a new 22,000 sq. ft. wood frame one-story building which consist of over 120 rooms in different wings including the following functional units: emergency, dentistry, social module rehabilitation currents and ambulatory health services, administrative services, X-ray room, technical support and staff support. Architecturally the building was designed taking into account the harsh climate and a chosen concept to fit perfectly into the northern landscape. Its envelope is modulated to suit the anticipated passage of the prevailing wind to lessen the impact on the building, to direct the snow accumulation and release sheltered alcoves around the perimeter of the building.
- Showcasing wood: laminated timber roof structure, prefabricated wood component walls and red cedar exterior cladding.
- Concrete foundations and maintenance space for the mechanical room.
- Installation of medical gas and various medical equipment.
- Work in remote areas, north of the 54th parallel.
- Harsh conditions: subarctic climate zone without dry season.
- 2018 : Award of Excellence of the CEGQ - Regional Construction Category
- 2019 : Cecobois Award of Excellence - Lightweight framing category
- Activity Sector Institutional
- Client Société québécoise des infrastructures (SQI)
- Year 2018
- Value $11,300,000
- Architect STGM + Éric Lirette Architecte
- Realisation Mode Forfaitaire