Galore Creek Access Tunnel
Construction of a tunnel under a mountain in order to facilitate road access to the mining operation of the NovaGold Company.
- No road link was available at the start of works, all staff, equipment and materials were carried by helicopter to the site of the access portal.
- Assembly and set-up of a canopy.
- Construction of approximately 5 km of access roads and the excavation of 100 m of the tunnel.
- Activity Sector Infrastructures
- Client NovaGold Resources Inc.
- Year 2007-2009
- Value $72,600,000
- Other Stakeholders Neilson Inc.