Jean River Crossing 6B
This project consisted in the construction works of two railway bridges according to AREMA standards which consisted of steel structure bridges on prefabricated concrete abutment. Operations of the mine could not be disrupted so, both rail tracks were kept in operation throughout the construction phase except for a 5 day period. During this short period, the prefabricated concrete elements were installed on micropiles, steel structure was erected, rails installed and the railway was put returned to operation.
- The Jean River Crossing provides a roadway and two railway accesses to the Wabush Mine in Labrador.
- Earthworks, drainage and signage replacement were also part of the mandate.
- All this was executed in an operational environment as both tracks were kept open throughout the construction phase.
- Activity Sector Infrastructures
- Client Cliffs Natural Resources
- Year 2013
- Value $3,400,000
- Engineers AECOM