Longueuil Campus – Université de Sherbrooke
Construction and development of a 16-storey institutional building with a total area 460,000 sq. ft., that houses 6,000 students and professors. The building includes 2 units that cover the entire site, a 200,000 sq. ft. underground parking lot on 3 levels, a 10,000 sq. ft. atrium with a three-dimensional structure and huge skylights, as well as a 20,000 sq. ft. garden terrace. The building offers to its users 44 classrooms, administrative office space, a server room, 9 videoconference rooms, teaching and research laboratories, 5 computer rooms, sanitary blocks, 10 clinical rooms for nurses training, several common areas and study rooms. The building also includes commercial rental spaces on its ground floor, including a café, a food court, a mental health institute and a radiology clinic.
- Project carried out according to an integrated design process (PCI).
- Direct underground access to the Longueuil metro station.
- A 22,600 sq. ft. green roof with street furniture and water basins.
- Sustainable development elements: 37 geothermal wells, internal building energy recovery and rainwater recovery systems, optimization of natural lighting.
- ASHRAE Technology Award, School Facilities Category, 2012.
- Award of Excellence, Honorable Mention from the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC), 2011.
- Jury First Award, Commercial Buildings category, OAQ, 2011.
- Activity Sector Institutional
- Client Université de Sherbrooke
- Year 2007-2009
- Value $96,900,000
- Engineers Groupe S.M. International Inc. / Stantec inc.
- Architect Marosi Troy / Jodoin Lamarre Pratte (JLP) / Labbé Architectes
- Realisation Mode General Contractor
- Other Stakeholders CIMA+